Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Thunderbird 13 has been released! | PPA
Mozilla Thunderbird is the brother of Firefox that aims to deliver a fast, easy and secure email and news client. The application is free and open source and is developed by the Mozilla Foundation. For more detailed info about the features of Thunderbird visit this webpage.
Version 13 of Thunderbird got released yesterday and the bug fixes are more than many. The highlights of this new version are:
Filelink is a tool allows users to upload their files to an online storage service and send links to friends. This solves problems with large files attachments. Right now the service is collaborating with youSENDit, but more partners will be added in the future.
- Buffer overflow and use-after-free issues found using Address Sanitizer
- NSS parsing errors with zero length items
- Use-after-free while replacing/inserting a node in a document
- Information disclosure though Windows file shares and shortcut files
- Content Security Policy inline-script bypass
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater and Windows Updater Service
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- Personalized email address
In partnership with Gandi and Hover, you can now sign up for a personalized email address from within Thunderbird. Along with your new email address, Thunderbird will be automatically set up and ready to send and receive messages.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, use later the following PPA (Not yet updated to Thunderbird13)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install thunderbird
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .