Thunderbird 13 has been released! | PPA
Mozilla Thunderbird is the brother of Firefox that aims to deliver a fast, easy and secure email and news client. The application is free and open source and is developed by the Mozilla Foundation. For more detailed info about the features of Thunderbird visit this webpage.
Version 13 of Thunderbird got released yesterday and the bug fixes are more than many. The highlights of this new version are:
Filelink is a tool allows users to upload their files to an online storage service and send links to friends. This solves problems with large files attachments. Right now the service is collaborating with youSENDit, but more partners will be added in the future.
- Buffer overflow and use-after-free issues found using Address Sanitizer
- NSS parsing errors with zero length items
- Use-after-free while replacing/inserting a node in a document
- Information disclosure though Windows file shares and shortcut files
- Content Security Policy inline-script bypass
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater and Windows Updater Service
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- Personalized email address
In partnership with Gandi and Hover, you can now sign up for a personalized email address from within Thunderbird. Along with your new email address, Thunderbird will be automatically set up and ready to send and receive messages.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, use later the following PPA (Not yet updated to Thunderbird13)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install thunderbird
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .