Thunderbird 13 has been released! | PPA
Mozilla Thunderbird is the brother of Firefox that aims to deliver a fast, easy and secure email and news client. The application is free and open source and is developed by the Mozilla Foundation. For more detailed info about the features of Thunderbird visit this webpage.
Version 13 of Thunderbird got released yesterday and the bug fixes are more than many. The highlights of this new version are:
Filelink is a tool allows users to upload their files to an online storage service and send links to friends. This solves problems with large files attachments. Right now the service is collaborating with youSENDit, but more partners will be added in the future.
- Buffer overflow and use-after-free issues found using Address Sanitizer
- NSS parsing errors with zero length items
- Use-after-free while replacing/inserting a node in a document
- Information disclosure though Windows file shares and shortcut files
- Content Security Policy inline-script bypass
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater and Windows Updater Service
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- Personalized email address
In partnership with Gandi and Hover, you can now sign up for a personalized email address from within Thunderbird. Along with your new email address, Thunderbird will be automatically set up and ready to send and receive messages.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, use later the following PPA (Not yet updated to Thunderbird13)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install thunderbird
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .