The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic – Review| Friday Game
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic is a unique action puzzle game developed by the Berlin-based indie game developers team called Kunst-Stoff GmbH. This game has already received many praising critics and awards for a variety of things and platforms. Time to get our hands on the linux version, and see why this game has caused so much positive hum around it.
You are guiding a jelly pudding on a train-car, aiming to reach the exit door of every map. This is the main aim of the game but not the only one. There are several things on the rail tracks of every map that you must collect in order to unlock the next maps etc. On the opposing side, there are angry witches, clattering skeletons, fire-spitting dragons and many more things that try to block your way and make you faint in fear. To overcome these obstacles you basically have some frightening weapons at your disposal and the ability to change tracks through manipulating junctions.
This kind of gameplay makes Pudding Panic a very unique puzzle game. It requires fast thinking and deciding, planning ahead and counting in carefully all the factors like the speed of the wagon or the upcoming possible routes. This is exactly what gives an “action” touch to the gameplay, and what drives crazy the people who need to take their time to think things at their own pace. Besides the lack of a “slow time” feature, I also have another complaint. There seems to be little to none adjustments done to the gameplay while porting this game from touch screens to mouse and keyboards. The most annoying result is that the keyboard is almost useless. You have to move the camera, activate weapons and manipulate the tracks using the mouse. This feels stupid and it makes playing more difficult but lets not be too harsh with this adorable shaky jelly. I can assure you that although there are some little things missing, or not working as they should, this game is highly addictive and very enjoyable no matter what. You’ll find yourself playing the same level again and again till you make it, getting huge amounts of excitement and joy in every single ride. There are 48 levels on 4 worlds of increasing difficulty for you to explore. The “skip level” ability which is always important for puzzle games, is present.
Graphics and Design
The design of The Great Jitters is aiming to be comical and creepy at the same time, and it actually is. The graphics are very beautiful for this kind of games, but not too much, allowing the game to be playable on even the oldest low-specs machines.
There is this “haunted house” feeling in everything. I can’t say that attention to detail is pathological, but in general it is good enough.
Sounds and Music
One thing that I like in games is when sounds are both informative and inside the atmospheric context of the game. This is exactly what you will find on the corresponding sector of Pudding Panic. As for the music…well…there is not much variety but believe me the music of this game never gets boring. Nice!
You may have never payed 7.99 euros/ 8.99 USD for a jelly pudding that you are not going to eat, but in that case it definitely worths it. You may buy Pudding Panic to fill some weekend free time, but you’ll probably find yourself “stealing” time during the week to play this completely original action puzzle game.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .