The Funny Side of Linux Command Line (Terminal)
For most users of Linux the Command Line is their best friend. The Terminal wasn’t meant to be so serious at all times, it’s also funny sometimes. If you don’t know, here are some commands that will make you see the funny side of the Command Line.
Can you remember the first funny command you run when you started using Linux? I can remember ($ apt-get moo) and here are some 6 funny Linux commands. Let me start with the first funny command I run when I started using Linux (Ubuntu).
$ apt-get moo
As you already know the ls command is used to display files in a directory, but what if you make a typo error and type sl instead. To prevent the default message.
Let us install sl, run the command below:
$ sudo apt-get install sl
You can also use $ sl -F to make the train fly. Whenever you run sl you see this animation:
Figlet is used to display large characters made up of ordinary screen characters.
To install Figlet run the command below:
$ sudo apt-get install figlet
After installation you can run $ figlet character(s), hence running:
figlet Unixmen gives you:
xcowsay displays a cute cow and a speech bubble.
$ sudo apt-get install xcowsay
Running xcowsay Unixmen displays:
oneko makes a cat to chase your mouse pointer everywhere it goes. oneko sounds like Tom and Jerry on your desktop.
$ sudo apt-get install oneko
Running oneko displays:
oneko can also make a dog chase the mouse instead of a cat,
run oneko -dog:
Xeyes displays eyes that spy on your mouse wherever it goes.
Always Press Ctrl + C to quit the commands.
NB: You can run man on this commands for more options. Also there are a lot of these funny commands.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .