Steel Storm Episode I- An awesome old school top down arcade shooter game for Linux
Steel Storm is an old school top down arcade shooter with score oriented competitive gameplay, and is designed for people who like fast paced action and have limited amounts of time to play computer games.
The events of the game take place in an alternative universe where you control an advanced hovertank, packed with the most advanced and sophisticated weapons. Your task is simple, but, nevertheless, is not trivial. In the fight with presumed extraterrestrial invaders, you must prevail!
The game is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Steel Storm Episode I features :
- Deathmatch and coop game modes;
- Exploration and time-trial gameplay types;
- Score driven gameplay – master your skills to stay ahead;
- Intelligent AI knows no mercy;
- Hordes of enemies to destroy;
- Vast numbers of destroyable structures and obstacles;
- Huge territories to reclaim;
- 6 missions of various difficulty, for beginners & hardcore gamers;
- Edit or create your own missions with SandStorm in-game realtime multi-user editor (will be released as a patch for Episode I).
1- First download the game then open terminal and cd the directory where you downloaded the game, then enter the following commands :
tar zxvf steelstorm-ep1-*.tar.gz
2- Cd the extracted directory :
3- Make steel storm executable
chmod +x steelstorm*
4- Now you can run the game using this command:
Useful Links: http://www.steel-storm.com/