SteamOS: Steam Is Coming To A New Operating System
SteamOS is the new free operating system designed for the TV and the living room which will be available soon as a free stand-alone operating system for living room machines. I think SteamOS will be the perfect choice for gamers because it combines the rock-solid architecture of Linux with a gaming experience built for the big screen. SteamOS developers are working very hard to increase audio performance and now they are targeting reductions in input latency at the operating system level.
Would you like to stream games over your home network from your desktop computer? No you can, you can stream any game you want from your computer to your TV via a SteamOS machine. Hundreds of great games will be available to play on SteamOS and the good thing is that game developers are thinking to target SteamOS for their new releases. SteamOS sets you free and lets you modify or replace any part of the software or hardware you want. It offers great graphics performance and you can also stream music and video with the SteamOS media services. What about Windows and Mac games, can i play them on my SteamOS machine too? Yes, yes, yes!!! This is great, isn’t it?
– Hundreds of great games are already running natively on SteamOS.
– More AAA titles coming natively to SteamOS in 2014.
– You can stream games from your desktop and stream those games over your home network to your TV via a SteamOS machine.
– You can play all your Windows and Mac games on your SteamOS machine, too.
– Stream music and video with the SteamOS media services.
– In SteamOS, Valve have achieved significant performance increases in graphics processing, and Valve working on audio performance and reductions in input latency at the operating system level.
– Game developers are already taking advantage of these gains as they target SteamOS for their new releases.
– You can modify or replace any part of the software or hardware you want. No more lock-ins.
– Valve are working on improving Linux kernel, drivers and debugging tools. This is a great news for both developers and users.
– Standard parental controls for games and streaming services.