Install Ampache Streaming Media Server On CentOS 6.4
Ampache is a a web based audio/video streaming software and file manager. It allows you to access your music & videos from anywhere, using almost any internet enabled device. It isn’t a media organizer, it just use the existing organized media files in a useful way. So you must be aware of managing and organizing the media files.
This how-to was tested on CentOS 6.4, although it should work on almost all RHEL based systems. In this how-to, my test box hostname and IP address are server.unixmen.com and 192.168.1.201/24. Change these values with your own where it appropriate.
Your server should have installed and configured with Apache, MySQL and PHP(LAMP). Refer any one of the following links to setup LAMP server.
And install the following PHP modules too.
# yum install php-mcrypt php-pdo php-cli php-mysql php-gd php-xml libtool-ltdl mhash mcrypt -y
Create Database and User for Ampache
For instance, here i am going to create a database called “ampachedb” and database user called “ampache” with password “centos”. You can define database and user as per your liking.
# mysql -u root -p Enter password: Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MariaDB connection id is 3 Server version: 5.5.31-MariaDB MariaDB Server Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle, Monty Program Ab and others. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. MariaDB [(none)]> create database ampachedb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL ON ampachedb.* TO ampacheuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'centos'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> flush privileges; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> exit Bye
Adjust Firewall/Router Settings
Allow the apache default port “80″ through iptables/router. Edit file /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
Add the following line.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
Now restart the iptables service.
# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
Download the latest version of Ampache here or enter the following command to download it from your terminal.
# wget https://github.com/ampache/ampache/archive/3.6-alpha6.zip
Note: Here you can host your streaming media server site in two methods.
1. Directly from the web root folder, so that you can access your website by navigating to http://domain-name/.
2. Alternatively create a sub directory in web root folder and host website from the sub-directory i.e you can access your website using URL http://domain-name/sub-directory-name.
Here, for testing purpose, i am going to host my streaming site under a sub directory.
Extract the downloaded file using command:
# tar -zxvf 3.6-alpha6
Move the contents to apache web root.
# mv ampache-3.6-alpha6/ /var/www/html/ampache
Set the write permissions to ampache/config directory.
# chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/ampache/config/
Open up browser and type http://domain-name/ampache or http://ip-address/ampache in the address bar.
The following should appear. Click Start configuration.
That’s it. Ampache has been installed now. I recommend you to read the Official Ampache Wiki page for further configurations.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .