SecureGmail: Send Encrypted Emails from GMail with Google Chrome
Now a days sending/receiving secure emails to/from is a bit challenging task for everyone. Even if we more cautious, some time we will be easily get hacked or our messages will be stolen by hackers. Google chrome has a cool Gmail add-on called SecureGmail to protect our mails from stealing by hackers.
The only downside side is you and the recipient should have installed the Google Chrome and same SecureGmail add-on version and this add-on is only for Gmail. If you use Firefox or some other browser, then this won’t help you. Let us see how to send a secure email from Gmail using Chrome add-on.
SecureGmail encrypts and decrypts emails you send in Gmail. This happens all on your machine, and the message can’t be read by Google servers or any third party unless they have the password. This is useful if you don’t want anyone but the intended recipient to ever read your email (i.e. companies, governments, etc). SecureGmail uses symmetric encryption to encrypt and decrypt each message. The password is decided by the user and assumes the recipient already knows it. So select a more complicated password that can’t be guessed/hacked easily and make sure that no body knows your password except the recipient.
Install SecureGmail Add-on
Go to Google Chrome Webstore by navigating to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps link. Enter SecureGmail in the search box. And click ADD TO CHROME link.
Now login to your Gmail account. You will see a lock icon next to the compose button as shown in the below screen shot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .