qBittorrent is a cross platform free and open source bittorrent client designed as an alternative the popular µtorrent client written in C++ / Qt4, using the libtorrent-rasterbar library. qBittorrent is developed by volunteers. The latest version, qBittorrent 3.1.4 was released on December 29th 2013.
Below are new features, bug fixes and others:
– Statistics dialog.
– Tooltips explaining each peer’s connection flags.
– Win/Mac Check for program updates every 15min and allow the user to manually check for updates through the help menu.
– Better dialog message for torrent delete confirmation
– Fix resizing grip location.
– Lock toolbar in place.
– Second attempt at fixing saving settings on shutdown.
– Sort labels in ‘Add new torrent’ dialog.
Install in Ubuntu via PPA
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install qbittorrent