Proxmox Install Step by Step
ProxmoxVE is a complete open-source virtualization management solution for servers. It is based on KVM and container-virtualization and manages virtual machines, storage, virtualized networks, and HA Clustering.
Proxmox VE 3.0 is released. It’s based on the great Debian 7.0 release and introduces a great new feature set – VM Templates and Clones. Under the hood, many improvements and optimizations are done, most important is the replacement of Apache 2 by our own event-driven API server. Changelog: Update the Ceph packages to 0.61.2; pve-cluster 3.0 – depend on fuse (seems most utilities moved from fuse-utils to fuse), remove dependency on fuse-utils (this package is no longer required), fix warning about uninitialized value, fix bug 383 – restart pveproxy instead of Apache 2; pve-manager 3.0-20 – fix login problem with http_proxy.
Please read more about this release http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_3.0
Let’s show some steps on how to install and use Proxmox.
Accept the License Agreement.
Accept this for standard install.
Type your country and time zone.
Insert root password and email.
Edit the below settings for non-standard installation.
The installation begins…
You are ready.
Open the browser http://ip:8006 and login with your root password.
You are now ready to create new VM.
The first way to install is from ISO. Download the ISO to /var/lib/vz/template/iso, then go to create VM and select the ISO to install:
root@proxmox:/etc/pve/openvz# cd /var/lib/vz/template/iso root@proxmox:/var/lib/vz/template/iso# wget http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/CentOS/6.4/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso --2013-05-28 23:09:40-- http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/CentOS/6.4/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso Resolving ftp.nluug.nl (ftp.nluug.nl)... 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 2001:610:1:80aa:192:87:102:43, ... Connecting to ftp.nluug.nl (ftp.nluug.nl)|184.108.40.206|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 4353378304 (4.1G) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: `CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso' 59% [=========================> ] 2,599,633,952 11.2M/s eta 2m 31s
Select the machine name.
Select the OS you want to install.
Select the ISO you downloaded before.
Select the disk space, sockets and memory to use and you are done. Finish to start the CentOS virtual machine.
You can start the installation and follow the steps via the console.
The second way is to download full installed templates.
You can also download manually pre-created template caches for different distributions. To install, download and put to the host system’s /var/lib/vz/template/cache directory, do not unpack!
A list of templates available at http://openvz.org/Download/template/precreated
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .