Proxmox Install Step by Step
ProxmoxVE is a complete open-source virtualization management solution for servers. It is based on KVM and container-virtualization and manages virtual machines, storage, virtualized networks, and HA Clustering.
Proxmox VE 3.0 is released. It’s based on the great Debian 7.0 release and introduces a great new feature set – VM Templates and Clones. Under the hood, many improvements and optimizations are done, most important is the replacement of Apache 2 by our own event-driven API server. Changelog: Update the Ceph packages to 0.61.2; pve-cluster 3.0 – depend on fuse (seems most utilities moved from fuse-utils to fuse), remove dependency on fuse-utils (this package is no longer required), fix warning about uninitialized value, fix bug 383 – restart pveproxy instead of Apache 2; pve-manager 3.0-20 – fix login problem with http_proxy.
Please read more about this release http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_3.0
Let’s show some steps on how to install and use Proxmox.
Accept the License Agreement.
Accept this for standard install.
Type your country and time zone.
Insert root password and email.
Edit the below settings for non-standard installation.
The installation begins…
You are ready.
Open the browser http://ip:8006 and login with your root password.
You are now ready to create new VM.
The first way to install is from ISO. Download the ISO to /var/lib/vz/template/iso, then go to create VM and select the ISO to install:
root@proxmox:/etc/pve/openvz# cd /var/lib/vz/template/iso root@proxmox:/var/lib/vz/template/iso# wget http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/CentOS/6.4/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso --2013-05-28 23:09:40-- http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/CentOS/6.4/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso Resolving ftp.nluug.nl (ftp.nluug.nl)... 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 2001:610:1:80aa:192:87:102:43, ... Connecting to ftp.nluug.nl (ftp.nluug.nl)|188.8.131.52|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 4353378304 (4.1G) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: `CentOS-6.4-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso' 59% [=========================> ] 2,599,633,952 11.2M/s eta 2m 31s
Select the machine name.
Select the OS you want to install.
Select the ISO you downloaded before.
Select the disk space, sockets and memory to use and you are done. Finish to start the CentOS virtual machine.
You can start the installation and follow the steps via the console.
The second way is to download full installed templates.
You can also download manually pre-created template caches for different distributions. To install, download and put to the host system’s /var/lib/vz/template/cache directory, do not unpack!
A list of templates available at http://openvz.org/Download/template/precreated
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .