Protect Your Online Privacy with Tor Browser
Tor (The Onion Router) browser makes things more difficult to trace our Internet activities. Using Tor, we can keep our identity more secure around the Internet. In simple words, you can surf the Internet anonymously and it’s difficult to find what you’re doing on the internet by your ISP and network administrators.
Once you install, Tor browser in your system whenever you go to online, all of your internet traffic is encrypted and routed through a secure network of anonymous nodes until it reaches its destination.
Install Tor Browser Bundle in Ubuntu/Linux Mint
To install Tor in 32 bit systems, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/tor sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install tor-browser
To install Tor in 64 bit systems, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/tor64 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install tor-browser
Once you installed Tor browser, set the permissions to the user(s):
sudo chown -R YOUR-USERNAME ~/.tor-browser
Thats it. Enjoy surfing the internet anonymously and securely.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .