Prevent Google Chrome From Displaying PDF Files
By default, Google Chrome displays PDF files in the browser while trying to download them by clicking on their links. Which downloads and opens the file at the same time. This makes saving of the PDF from the browser very easy at the click of a mouse.
Sometimes want you just want to do is to download the PDF file directly to your computer. But Google Chrome does not allow you do this.
Today am going to show how to stop Google Chrome from directly displaying PDF files in the browser.
What makes Google Chrome to display PDF files?
By default Google Chrome comes a PDF Reader plugin. This plugin thus prevents the file from being downloaded directly, hence displaying it in the browser. So to do it our own way we have to disable this plugin.
Let’s get started.
Launch Google Chrome (Either from the dash or Terminal)
Type the address below in the address bar and press Enter:
Search for Chrome PDF Viewer
Click on Disable to stop Chrome PDF Viewer from opening PDF files in the browser.
NOTE: If you have Adobe Reader Plugin installed, it will be enabled automatically when you turn off Chrome PDF Viewer.
You are done. Now PDF files will be downloaded directly without opening in Google Chrome when clicked.
To restore Chrome PDF Viewer just go through the previous steps and Click Enable.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .