Nvidia driver 295.59 released! Install in Ubuntu 12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora17, Arch, Debian
Announced today the release of Nvidia 295.59, the new release added suppport to the following GPUs: NVS 5400M, NVS 310, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GT 415, GeForce GTX 460 v2.
Also Disabled the use of certain OpenGL optimizations with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox, and fixed a behavior issue where redundant DPMS state transitions were leading to unexpected screen blanking on DisplayPort displays.
Installation of Nvidia driver 295,59
- Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
To install the new driver release in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint13 use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, you need to download and install the driver manually
First Download the driver from this link (32bit or 64bit),
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.59.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .