Nvidia driver 295.59 released! Install in Ubuntu 12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora17, Arch, Debian
Announced today the release of Nvidia 295.59, the new release added suppport to the following GPUs: NVS 5400M, NVS 310, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GT 415, GeForce GTX 460 v2.
Also Disabled the use of certain OpenGL optimizations with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox, and fixed a behavior issue where redundant DPMS state transitions were leading to unexpected screen blanking on DisplayPort displays.
Installation of Nvidia driver 295,59
- Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
To install the new driver release in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint13 use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, you need to download and install the driver manually
First Download the driver from this link (32bit or 64bit),
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.59.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .