Nvidia 295.40 is available! Install in Ubuntu11.10/12.04, LinuxMint via PPA
Few days ago was released the new Nvidia driver 295.40, the new release added support for the following GPUs: GeForce GT 635M and GeForce 610M ,closed a security vulnerability which made it possible for attackers to reconfigure GPUs to gain access to arbitrary system memory. Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort devices to occasionally fail to turn back on after the system is resumed from suspend. and added a ModeValidation X configuration option token, “AllowNon3DVisionModes”, to allow modes that are not optimized for NVIDIA 3D Vision to be validated on 3D Vision monitors.
Install Nvidia 295.40 in Linux:
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, you need to download and install the driver manually
- First Download the driver from this link (32bit or 64bit),
- cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.40.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
- Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .