Nvidia 295.40 is available! Install in Ubuntu11.10/12.04, LinuxMint via PPA
Few days ago was released the new Nvidia driver 295.40, the new release added support for the following GPUs: GeForce GT 635M and GeForce 610M ,closed a security vulnerability which made it possible for attackers to reconfigure GPUs to gain access to arbitrary system memory. Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort devices to occasionally fail to turn back on after the system is resumed from suspend. and added a ModeValidation X configuration option token, “AllowNon3DVisionModes”, to allow modes that are not optimized for NVIDIA 3D Vision to be validated on 3D Vision monitors.
Install Nvidia 295.40 in Linux:
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, you need to download and install the driver manually
- First Download the driver from this link (32bit or 64bit),
- cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.40.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
- Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .