Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Newrez- A great nautilus script to change screen resolution to one higher than your display's physical dimensions
Newrez is a great nautilus script that help you change screen resolution easily, this is not all, the great feature is that it lets you specify a resolution higher than your display’s physical dimensions! This means that a notebook with a screen that’s 1024×600 can display a scaled 1280×800 or higher.
According to the author of the script: “Newrez does NOT “over-drive” the actual hardware. Instead, it builds a higher-resolution image in a buffer which is then scaled to fit the physical screen.”
How does the script work?
Just run the script. Your display’s default resolution and current setting are shown (See screenshot bellow). Choose a new horizontal size. The rest is automatic and the aspect ratio is retained. Glxgears shows the same performance when running a large scaled display.
xrandr (version 1.3 or higher)
If this doesn’t work for you try the command :
Note : This will not work if you use the vendor-supplied Nvidia driver. However it has been tested to work with the Nouveau driver.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .