Meet Puppy Linux
Many geeks know about Puppy Linux and use it for their daily needs, but there are many others that have not heard about Puppy. Puppy is an extremely small Linux operating system in which its main goal is to stay small and fulfill all daily user’s needs.
It is very fast because it loads entirely on RAM and its users love this fact. If you have an old machine that will soon go in your garbage, Puppy is the perfect solution to breathe new life into that PC. I am saving some extra cash to buy old computers and put them into work, all this is possible because of Puppy Linux. I love to have a lot of computers in my lab so Puppy is my solution. It is free of charge and most of programs running on Puppy Linux are open-source.
Friendly for Newbies
Puppy Linux has a simple graphical user interface and is very good starting point in the Linux world. Program icons are on desktop and under them is the name of the program, which makes easier for users to start programs they want. To open a program, you have to only click once on the icon and the program will start at the speed of light.
The boot time of Puppy is about 30 seconds on new PCs and about 50 seconds on old computers. It is not a standard thing and it may vary based on your machine parameters. You can boot it from an USB device or other flash media. The latest Puppy Linux, called Slacko Puppy is ~165 MB. You can read more about Slacko Puppy here.
And Fast >>>
Puppy Linux tries to load everything in to RAM and this makes it super fast.
It is hard to stay safe on the web nowadays. The internet is a jungle full of trojans and spyware trying to steal your private data and credit card information. Anti-virus does not catch all viruses and facts show that nothing seems to work when trying to stop viruses to infect your computer. Puppy Linux is extremely small, it loads into RAM and you can boot it from your USB device, so if you want to shop secure, just boot it and start shopping like a boss. Keep that USB only for online transactions and you will sleep well, no spyware nightmares.
Puppy Linux is the perfect solution to recycle old computers, learn newbies Linux and shop safe.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .