Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Linux Steam client on rampage
Just a few weeks after the official release of the Linux client for Valve’s Steam gaming platform, Linux gamers are on rampage, making up more than two percent of all Steam users.
Valve has recently released its Steam Hardware and Software Survey for February 2013, and the results are remarkable for the Linux community. We observe a very impressive adoption rate, thus more and more Linux users make use of Steam for their gaming experience. Notably, Valve ran an amazing discount for Linux games, let’s say about 70% discount in every Linux game.
Speaking with numbers, Linux users now make up approximately 2.05 percent of all Steam users, in comparison to Mac users who stand for 3.07 percent. Pay attention that Steam for Mac has been available since 2010, while Steam for Linux is only for few weeks.
With such a heavy advertising Valve has been doing within the Steam client, it is estimated that Linux will surpass Mac users and become the valuable operating system for gamers. Furthermore, Steam client installation on PC hardware is a trivial task, as all level of users would be able to use it properly. Drivers-wise, both nVIDIA and AMD are making huge improvements in order to boost their GPUs to their maximum potency. After all, Valve is on the move, preparing its vision of having a “Steam Box” in every living room, a gaming platform running native on Linux.
As for the game titles available, you will find more than 100 games ready to be purchased, while Valve’s recent ports are dominating the list: Half Life, Counter-Strike Source and the free-to-play Team Fortress 2.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .