Linux Steam client on rampage
Just a few weeks after the official release of the Linux client for Valve’s Steam gaming platform, Linux gamers are on rampage, making up more than two percent of all Steam users.
Valve has recently released its Steam Hardware and Software Survey for February 2013, and the results are remarkable for the Linux community. We observe a very impressive adoption rate, thus more and more Linux users make use of Steam for their gaming experience. Notably, Valve ran an amazing discount for Linux games, let’s say about 70% discount in every Linux game.
Speaking with numbers, Linux users now make up approximately 2.05 percent of all Steam users, in comparison to Mac users who stand for 3.07 percent. Pay attention that Steam for Mac has been available since 2010, while Steam for Linux is only for few weeks.
With such a heavy advertising Valve has been doing within the Steam client, it is estimated that Linux will surpass Mac users and become the valuable operating system for gamers. Furthermore, Steam client installation on PC hardware is a trivial task, as all level of users would be able to use it properly. Drivers-wise, both nVIDIA and AMD are making huge improvements in order to boost their GPUs to their maximum potency. After all, Valve is on the move, preparing its vision of having a “Steam Box” in every living room, a gaming platform running native on Linux.
As for the game titles available, you will find more than 100 games ready to be purchased, while Valve’s recent ports are dominating the list: Half Life, Counter-Strike Source and the free-to-play Team Fortress 2.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .