Linux Mint 17 “Qiana” Xfce Final Version Released!
The Linux Mint team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 17 “Qiana” Xfce.
Linux Mint 17 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2019. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. This should be good new for Xfce lovers (myself :-))
New features at a glance:
- Update Manager
- Drivers Manager
- Login Screen
- Language Settings
- Software Sources
- Welcome Screen
- System Improvements
- Artwork Improvements
- Main Components
- LTS Strategy
Take a complete look at what’s new with screenshots here.
Now Linux Mint 17 has Cinnamon, MATE, KDE, and Xfce falvors.
Below are the system requirements for installations:
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 10 GB of disk space
- DVD drive or USB port
Download Linux Mint 17 Xfce
- Md5 sum:
- 32-bit: 7eb3b7e9261aa7fda811dae53f5ecb80
- 64-bit: 2c0493720b703d5e0bd00d36979db0b5
- Checkout the list of available mirrors here
Source: Linux Mint Blog