Introducing Kids to Linux Using DoudouLinux
DoudouLinux is an operating system targeting young children. It aims at making computer use as simple and pleasant as possible; while also making computer use more accessible to all children on earth, without discrimination, in order to favor their self-fulfillment. In this section you will learn more about how it works, how it is designed, who developed it, how it came to be, why, and so on
Say you have some kids in your house and want to introduce them to Linux, DoudouLinux is a great one. You might be wondering why DoudouLinux, despite the fact that we have other Linux distros targeted at kids especially at the ages of 2 to 4, this is also a great choice.
DoudouLinux is a Debian based distro. The current release is DoudouLinux 2.0. It has a lot applications ranging educational to entertainment. And not to forget all the games are very educational. Making learning very easy and interesting for the kids as well. Some of these application train the kids in improving mouse and keyboard drills. DoudouLinux is also portable.
DoudouLinux I will say not only the kids will fall in love with it but even the old will. Why? When I was writing this post. I spent more than 2 hours just enjoying the sections under the “Learn” tab above. That is the alphabet association in which the computer pronounces the alphabet and you click on it. If you are not able to do so it will help you after some time of delay.
- All of the advanced activities have been deeply redesigned.
- The DoudouLinux graphic design has been totally changed, for a less “baby-looking” environment.
- Better Internet experience thanks to new user privacy tools
- Easier localization (new tools to set language, keyboard layout, date, time and timezone).
- Around 30 new applications, to draw, learn music, have fun, etc.
- Available in 43 languages, instead of 28 formerly.
- A totally new, real installer, to install DoudouLinux on dedicated computers.
You can also take a quick tour of DoudouLinux here
Minimum System Requirements
- 256 MB of RAM.
- 800 MHz processor.
Download DoudouLinux (English)
- For other Languages
Easy to install. If you don’t want to install DoudouLinx to your hard disk, Linux distros are always noted for one thing “Live CD/USB“. Just burn the image to a DVD or make a bootable USB anytime you want to use it, you are good to go.
Below are the images of My Paint application for practicing drawing and the Epiphany browser for surfing the web and SuperTuxKart game.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .