Install VirtualBox 4.3 on OpenSUSE 13.1
The Virtualbox 4.3 has been released few days before with cool features like Multi-Touch Support and Enhanced Networking Capabilities.
Lets show you how to install it in OpenSUSE 13.1 (Release candidate in my case).
Graphical mode (GUI)
Download the rpm file from here and double click ti, then you will see something like this bellow.
First install the required dependencies from repository:
zypper in gcc make kernel-devel
Download the file from the website and install it with zypper to get any required dependencies
zypper in VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.0_89960_openSUSE114-1.x86_64.rpm
- Open Yast, authenticate as root, and then go to Security and Users –> User and group management. Select your username from the list, then click Edit to make a username modification. Go to the tab named Details, then tick the group ‘vboxusers’ in order to add your username to that group. Make sure to reboot at this moment in order for changes to take effect.
- After your system reboots, you are ready to run VirtualBox. In KDE, VirtualBox should be in Applications –> System –> Virtual Machine (Oracle VM VirtualBox).
Load Virtualbox to the kernel:
Start your virtualbox and enjoy!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .