Install Easy Hosting Control Panel (EHCP) in Ubuntu 12.10 Server / Debian 6
EHCP is an open-source and powerful hosting control panel that lets you to host any websites, create email accounts, create additional (sub) domains and create FTP accounts and many more. It is only the first hosting control panel that provide the built-in support for nginx with PHP-FPM.
In this How-to, I will show you how to install EHCP in Ubuntu 12.10 Server. It should work well on all other distributions such as Debian, RHEL and CentOS.
Get the latest version of EHCP:
unixmen@server:~$ wget http://www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz unixmen@server:~$ tar -zxvf ehcp_latest.tgz
Now execute the install.sh script to begin installation:
unixmen@server:~$ cd ehcp/ unixmen@server:~/ehcp$ sudo ./install.sh
Read the installer instructions very carefully and follow the instructions. The installer will install all the necessary packages like Apache, MySQL, Postfix and PHP. And also during the installation it will ask you to configure some services and to enter the passwords for EHCP admin accounts. The installation will take nearly 1 hour depending upon your internet speed.
After a while, you will be asked to set MySQL root password.
Enter the password and click OK.
Re-enter the password and click OK.
Now select the mail server which one is compatible to you.
In my case I select “Internet Site”.
Enter your mail domain name and Click OK.
Select ‘Yes’ to create web based directories.
Click ‘OK’ to create SSL certificate.
Choose your desired webserver and click OK.
Configure phpmyadmin to administer the databases. Click Yes.
Specify the phpmyadmin database administrative user password.
Enter your MySQL root password and click OK.
Confirm the password.
Now configure the roundcube-core.
Select the database for roundcube. In my case I select MySQL.
Specify the password for roundcube administrative account.
Specify MySQL password for roundcube.
Confirm the password.
That’s it. The installation is now complete.
Now open the EHCP console by pointing your web browser with “http://ip-address/” or “http://localhost”.
Click on the link “Click here for the control panel on your server”. Enter the administrative credentials. The default password for admin account is 1234. If you had entered a new password during the installation please provide the same.
The main console window EHCP will look like below.
From here you can create domains, users, FTP accounts and databases and email accounts for the domains.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .