Install Cinnamon 1.8 in Ubuntu 13.04
If you love Unity (Ubuntu Default) like I do so much. I will advice you to try Cinnamon once and see. Installing Cinnamon doesn’t mean you elimination Unity. NO.
The latest version of Cinnamon 1.8 is not yet available in Ubuntu repositories hence thanks to PPA, we can.
Some new features have been included in Cinnamon 1.8 including Screensaver, Cinnamon Control Center and more.
Open the Terminal and the run the following commands:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cinnamon nemo
After installing Cinnamon and Nemo File Manager successfully, just log out or Restart your system.
Click on the Ubuntu logo at the right top corner of your username on the log on screen. You should see Cinnamon and others.
Select Cinnamon and login.
You should have a desktop of this type.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .