Install Adobe Reader 9 in Ubuntu
Even though Ubuntu has a default PDF reader (Evince/Document Reader), it sometimes doesn’t show the real appearance of the contents of our PDF files. As you all know, Adobe Reader is one of the most popular PDF readers.
It has some of awesome features, with elegant and true font display. The latest version on Linux is Adobe Reader is 9.5.5.
To install Adode Reader:
Open a terminal and copy and paste the following commands:
$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"
The above command will add Canonical Partners repository to the Ubuntu Software Center (USC) and get Adobe Reader from it for installation.
Now for installation:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install -y acroread
After the installation you will be prompted to choose Adobe Reader as you default PDF reader. Select whichever applies to you.
Launching Adobe Reader for the first time, you must Accept End-User License Agreement. And you are now good to go.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .