Improve your singing, piano, guitar skills with Performous
Do you like dancing, singing, playing guitar, piano..? Performous is an opensource software that make you improve your skills and have fun at the same time. No special hardware required, you may play guitar on your PC keyboard, sing on your laptop microphone and so on. If you do have SingStar microphones, Guitar Hero or Rock Band instruments, or dance pads, just plug them into your USB ports and start rocking!
- Vocals, guitars (lead/rhythm/bass), drums and dancing with multiplayer support
- Extremely good singing pitch detection (usable even with laptop or webcam microphones)
- Intelligent gameplay determines what the player attempted to do
- Controllers are autodetected
- Song formats: FoF, UltraStar, SingStar PS2 DVD (with ss_extract), StepMania
- C++ for high performance, rapid development and solid code
- OpenGL 2.0 and SVG for nice graphics
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPL version 2 or later
Find more at performous website
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Open terminal and enter the following lines
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:performous-team/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install performous
For Debian Performous is available in the official repositories.
For other Linux distribution, check the download page
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .