Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Improve your singing, piano, guitar skills with Performous
Do you like dancing, singing, playing guitar, piano..? Performous is an opensource software that make you improve your skills and have fun at the same time. No special hardware required, you may play guitar on your PC keyboard, sing on your laptop microphone and so on. If you do have SingStar microphones, Guitar Hero or Rock Band instruments, or dance pads, just plug them into your USB ports and start rocking!
- Vocals, guitars (lead/rhythm/bass), drums and dancing with multiplayer support
- Extremely good singing pitch detection (usable even with laptop or webcam microphones)
- Intelligent gameplay determines what the player attempted to do
- Controllers are autodetected
- Song formats: FoF, UltraStar, SingStar PS2 DVD (with ss_extract), StepMania
- C++ for high performance, rapid development and solid code
- OpenGL 2.0 and SVG for nice graphics
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPL version 2 or later
Find more at performous website
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Open terminal and enter the following lines
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:performous-team/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install performous
For Debian Performous is available in the official repositories.
For other Linux distribution, check the download page
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .