IMPORTANT! Ubuntu Forums Hacked
As you may be aware, in the last 24 hours Ubuntu Forums was hacked. At the time of writing, the Forums are still down and the Administrators have noted they are currently working on the issue as quickly as possible.
It’s important to note that if you are a registered user of Ubuntu Forums and have the same password used elsewhere on the internet, you should change that password immediately as it’s apparent that all member’s Usernames, Passwords and Email addresses were stolen from the database.
It’s worth reading the notice as there is some important information on it that all members should know.
At current, this is what the Forums notice reads:
Ubuntu Forums is down for maintenance There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page will be updated regularly with progress reports. What we know - Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database. - he passwords are not stored in plain text, they are stored as salted hashes. However, if you were using the same password as your Ubuntu Forums one on another service (such as email), you are strongly encouraged to change the password on the other service ASAP. - Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are NOT affected by the breach. Progress report - 2013-07-20 2011UTC: Reports of defacement - 2013-07-20 2015UTC: Site taken down, this splash page put in place while investigation continues. If you're using Ubuntu and need technical support please see the following page for support: - Finding Help. If you're looking for a place to discuss Ubuntu, in the meantime we encourage you to check out these sites: - The Ubuntu subreddit - The Ubuntu Community on Google+ - Ubuntu Discourse
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .