IMPORTANT! Ubuntu Forums Hacked
As you may be aware, in the last 24 hours Ubuntu Forums was hacked. At the time of writing, the Forums are still down and the Administrators have noted they are currently working on the issue as quickly as possible.
It’s important to note that if you are a registered user of Ubuntu Forums and have the same password used elsewhere on the internet, you should change that password immediately as it’s apparent that all member’s Usernames, Passwords and Email addresses were stolen from the database.
It’s worth reading the notice as there is some important information on it that all members should know.
At current, this is what the Forums notice reads:
Ubuntu Forums is down for maintenance There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page will be updated regularly with progress reports. What we know - Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database. - he passwords are not stored in plain text, they are stored as salted hashes. However, if you were using the same password as your Ubuntu Forums one on another service (such as email), you are strongly encouraged to change the password on the other service ASAP. - Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are NOT affected by the breach. Progress report - 2013-07-20 2011UTC: Reports of defacement - 2013-07-20 2015UTC: Site taken down, this splash page put in place while investigation continues. If you're using Ubuntu and need technical support please see the following page for support: - Finding Help. If you're looking for a place to discuss Ubuntu, in the meantime we encourage you to check out these sites: - The Ubuntu subreddit - The Ubuntu Community on Google+ - Ubuntu Discourse
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .