How To Use Huawei USB Modems In Ubuntu 13.04
Huawei is one of the leading Chinese companies in manufacturing some cute electronics devices. Huawei USB modems are used mostly with Mobile Telecommunication Operators to provide Mobile Broadband internet access to their customers. This is achieved by inserting Mobile Operators SIM cards into these modems.
I use the same thing here in Ghana. Now the Mobile Partner applications designed by Huawei are not supported on Linux. Most of these software’s are targeted at Windows users. So what will an Ubuntu user do when he/she goes in for one these modems? Today am going to show how to easily use these USB modems in Ubuntu 13.04.
Things needed is a Huawei USB modem and any Mobile Telco Operator in your country’s SIM card inserted. Let’s get started.
Insert modem into any of the computers USB port. Wait for the computer to detect it.
Click on the Cloud sign at the right top corner of the desktop, on the menu bar(see the red coloured square box) and select Edit Connections.
Select Mobile Broadband, then Click Create.
Device is automatically detected.
Choose your country (Am in Ghana hence I have chosen it). Click Continue.
Choose Default plan which will automatically complete the Access Point Name (APN) section.
Then click Save.
Click on the Cloud sign and select the connection.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .