How To Use Huawei USB Modems In Ubuntu 13.04
Huawei is one of the leading Chinese companies in manufacturing some cute electronics devices. Huawei USB modems are used mostly with Mobile Telecommunication Operators to provide Mobile Broadband internet access to their customers. This is achieved by inserting Mobile Operators SIM cards into these modems.
I use the same thing here in Ghana. Now the Mobile Partner applications designed by Huawei are not supported on Linux. Most of these software’s are targeted at Windows users. So what will an Ubuntu user do when he/she goes in for one these modems? Today am going to show how to easily use these USB modems in Ubuntu 13.04.
Things needed is a Huawei USB modem and any Mobile Telco Operator in your country’s SIM card inserted. Let’s get started.
Insert modem into any of the computers USB port. Wait for the computer to detect it.
Click on the Cloud sign at the right top corner of the desktop, on the menu bar(see the red coloured square box) and select Edit Connections.
Select Mobile Broadband, then Click Create.
Device is automatically detected.
Choose your country (Am in Ghana hence I have chosen it). Click Continue.
Choose Default plan which will automatically complete the Access Point Name (APN) section.
Then click Save.
Click on the Cloud sign and select the connection.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .