Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server
Important: The most important things when it comes to upgrading are:
- That your data is safe
- That you end up with a fully functional system
Your personal data is the most valuable thing in your computer. If anything happens and you break your operating system, it’s not a problem, it can be reinstalled. If you lose your data… that’s a different story.
To be safe:
- Make a full backup of your data on an external device (USB stick or CD/DVD).
- Download and burn the liveCD of the newer release, and check that your hardware is fully functional with it.
- Desktop Upgrade:
a- Update the system before to upgrade:
Before to upgrade, we need to update the system, press Ctrl+Alt+T, and enter the following command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- b- Upgrade:
To upgrade, open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo update-manager -d
Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’13.04‘ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Then click : Upgrade
Press start upgrade.
Now don`t close your computer until the upgrade is finished.
- Server Upgrade:
To upgrade from Ubuntu 12.10 on a server system to Ubuntu 13.04:
1- install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2- Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal;
3- Launch the upgrade tool with the command
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
and follow the on-screen instructions.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .