Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Marlin file browser on Ubuntu and LinuxMint | Nautilus alternative
Marlin File Browser is a project led by ‘ammonkey’, it is a GTK3-based file manage who is greatly inspired by Nautilus Elementary, it has tabbed browsing, multiple views modes, single-click default open option, multiple choices to configure toolbars and interface as well as a Plugin Framework. Marlin is fast, easy to use and most important its good integration with Unity. Marlin already has a good built-in support for Unity Quick lists.
More details about Marlin can be found on our previous post.
In this post i will show you how to install Marlin file manager, a good alternative of Nautilus script.
I tested this on LinuxMint12 and Ubuntu 11.10 and worked fine
Install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
You can use the following PPA to install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marlin-devs/marlin-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install marlin
If you want to integrate dropbox and Ubuntuone in Marlin you can install the following plugins:
sudo apt-get install marlin-plugin-dropbox marlin-plugin-ubuntuone
After Marlin is installed, you can open it from the menu or by right click on a folder and choose open by Marlin file manager
You can choose to open a folder in a new Tab, attribute a color for each folder (See screenshots bellow)
Properties of a folder in Marlin:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .