How to install Marlin file browser on Ubuntu and LinuxMint | Nautilus alternative
Marlin File Browser is a project led by ‘ammonkey’, it is a GTK3-based file manage who is greatly inspired by Nautilus Elementary, it has tabbed browsing, multiple views modes, single-click default open option, multiple choices to configure toolbars and interface as well as a Plugin Framework. Marlin is fast, easy to use and most important its good integration with Unity. Marlin already has a good built-in support for Unity Quick lists.
More details about Marlin can be found on our previous post.
In this post i will show you how to install Marlin file manager, a good alternative of Nautilus script.
I tested this on LinuxMint12 and Ubuntu 11.10 and worked fine
Install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
You can use the following PPA to install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marlin-devs/marlin-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install marlin
If you want to integrate dropbox and Ubuntuone in Marlin you can install the following plugins:
sudo apt-get install marlin-plugin-dropbox marlin-plugin-ubuntuone
After Marlin is installed, you can open it from the menu or by right click on a folder and choose open by Marlin file manager
You can choose to open a folder in a new Tab, attribute a color for each folder (See screenshots bellow)
Properties of a folder in Marlin:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .