How to install Marlin file browser on Ubuntu and LinuxMint | Nautilus alternative
Marlin File Browser is a project led by ‘ammonkey’, it is a GTK3-based file manage who is greatly inspired by Nautilus Elementary, it has tabbed browsing, multiple views modes, single-click default open option, multiple choices to configure toolbars and interface as well as a Plugin Framework. Marlin is fast, easy to use and most important its good integration with Unity. Marlin already has a good built-in support for Unity Quick lists.
More details about Marlin can be found on our previous post.
In this post i will show you how to install Marlin file manager, a good alternative of Nautilus script.
I tested this on LinuxMint12 and Ubuntu 11.10 and worked fine
Install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
You can use the following PPA to install Marlin on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marlin-devs/marlin-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install marlin
If you want to integrate dropbox and Ubuntuone in Marlin you can install the following plugins:
sudo apt-get install marlin-plugin-dropbox marlin-plugin-ubuntuone
After Marlin is installed, you can open it from the menu or by right click on a folder and choose open by Marlin file manager
You can choose to open a folder in a new Tab, attribute a color for each folder (See screenshots bellow)
Properties of a folder in Marlin:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .