How to install Burg boot loader in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint13
Updated 23-05-2012: burg is a brand-new boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS, including Linux/Windows/OSX/Solaris/FreeBSD, etc. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. In this post we will show you how to install Burg in Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, 12.04 “Precise Pangolin” and LinuxMint13.
- To Install Burg in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, and LinuxMint, Open terminal and enter the following commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
- Now to make BURG integrate the HardDisk enter the following command in terminal:
sudo burg-install "(hd0)"
Remember to substitute ‘hd0′ with the drive on which your MBR is installed.
- Now update burg:
- Finally, run the following to test and set your theme:
Press F2 To change theme .
Press F3 to change resolution
If you want to use another easy way to configue burg, you need to install Burg- manager, for this check our previuos post.
Here are the hot-keys defined in the boot menu:
- t – Open theme selection menu
- f – Toggle between folding mode
- n – Jump to the next item with the same class
- w – Jump to the next Windows item
- u – Jump to the next Ubuntu item
- e – Edit the command of current boot item
- c – Open a terminal window
- 2 – Open two terminal windows
- h – Display help dialog (only available in sora theme)
- i – Display about dialog (only available in sora theme)
- q – Return to old grub menu
- F5/ctrl-x – Finish edit
- F6 – Switch window in dual terminal mode
- F7 – List the folded boot items
- F8 – Toggle between graphic and text mode
- F9 – shutdown
- F10 – reboot
- ESC – quit from the current popup menu or dialog.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .