How to Erase MBR In Linux
The Master Boot Record (MBR) is the information in the first sector of any hard disk or diskette that identifies how and where an operating system is located so that it can be boot (loaded) into the computer’s main storage or random access memory. The Master Boot Record is also sometimes called the “partition sector” or the “master partition table” because it includes a table that locates
each partition that the hard disk has been formatted into. In addition to this table, the MBR also includes a program that reads the boot sector record of the partition containing the operating system to be booted into RAM. In turn, that record contains a program that loads the rest of the operating system into RAM.
how to erase MBR in Linux ?
# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda1 bs=512 count=1
bs = the first 512 bytes of the harddrive to remove the bootloader
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Radio Tray In Ubuntu : Radio Tray is an online radio streaming player that runs on a Linux system tray. Its goal is to have...0 comments |
- Install Flowblade Movie Editor In Ubuntu : Flowblade Movie Editor is a multitrack non-linear video editor for Linux released under GPL 3 licens...0 comments |
- How To Install PhotoFilmStrip 2.0 In Ubuntu : Hi linux geeks, PhotoFilmStrip 2.0 has been officially released for users of Ubuntu and Linux Min...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install GParted 0.17.0 in Ubuntu 13.10
- Install Code::Blocks IDE in Ubuntu/ElementaryOS/Debian
- How To Create An ISO Image With genisoimage Tool
- Mount Remote Filesystems Over SSH Using SSHFS
- Install Radio Tray In Ubuntu
- How To Install Liferea Feed Reader In Ubuntu
- How To Install PhotoFilmStrip 2.0 In Ubuntu
- Install Flowblade Movie Editor In Ubuntu
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .