How to convert my IP From Dynamic to static in Ubuntu
Question: How to convert my ip adress in ubuntu from Dynamic to static ?
1- First edit network interface using your favorite text editor :
sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces
Normally you are using eth0 for card ethernet you will see some thing like this :
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Remove line 2 and add:
iface eth0 inet static
save a and exit
192.168.1.100 suppose to be your static IP you can change it to the IP you want
192.168.1.1 is the router IP
Now we’ll need to add in the DNS settings by editing the resolv.conf file:
sudo vi /etc/resolv.conf
and add the 2 ip adresss of your DNS servers ( internet provider)
3- remove dhcp client
In terminal, type the following command:
sudo apt-get remove dhcp-client
4- Restart network
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
Now you shloud have a static IP instead of dynamic one.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .