How to convert my IP From Dynamic to static in Ubuntu
Question: How to convert my ip adress in ubuntu from Dynamic to static ?
1- First edit network interface using your favorite text editor :
sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces
Normally you are using eth0 for card ethernet you will see some thing like this :
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Remove line 2 and add:
iface eth0 inet static
save a and exit
192.168.1.100 suppose to be your static IP you can change it to the IP you want
192.168.1.1 is the router IP
Now we’ll need to add in the DNS settings by editing the resolv.conf file:
sudo vi /etc/resolv.conf
and add the 2 ip adresss of your DNS servers ( internet provider)
3- remove dhcp client
In terminal, type the following command:
sudo apt-get remove dhcp-client
4- Restart network
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
Now you shloud have a static IP instead of dynamic one.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .