Grub Customizer 2.5.5 is available- Customize grub/Burg from a GUI interface
Few days ago was released Grub Customizer 2.5.5, the new release comes with an improved kde menu compatibility, translation updates, preserving quote charachter, replaced update-grub by grub-mkconfig + output_fileGrub.
If you didn`t hear before about Grub Customizer, it is “a graphical interface that allow you to configure the grub2/burg settings the easy way, this done with focus on the individual list order – without losing the dynamical behavior of grub. also it is possible to do grub2/burg recovery & configuration using a live cd, to use this option you need to install Grub Customizer at the live system before using it. All the required partitions will be automatically mounted when choosing the root partition and some sub partitions on the “partition chooser”
To install latest release of Grub customizer 2.5.5 in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint use the following PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
- For installation in other Linux distribution, please check this post
Once installed open grub customizer from dash home
If you have also Burg installed you will got this message to confirm the one you want to use Burg or Grub
- For Grub the settings
- For Burg:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .