Grub Customizer 2.5.5 is available- Customize grub/Burg from a GUI interface
Few days ago was released Grub Customizer 2.5.5, the new release comes with an improved kde menu compatibility, translation updates, preserving quote charachter, replaced update-grub by grub-mkconfig + output_fileGrub.
If you didn`t hear before about Grub Customizer, it is “a graphical interface that allow you to configure the grub2/burg settings the easy way, this done with focus on the individual list order – without losing the dynamical behavior of grub. also it is possible to do grub2/burg recovery & configuration using a live cd, to use this option you need to install Grub Customizer at the live system before using it. All the required partitions will be automatically mounted when choosing the root partition and some sub partitions on the “partition chooser”
To install latest release of Grub customizer 2.5.5 in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint use the following PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
- For installation in other Linux distribution, please check this post
Once installed open grub customizer from dash home
If you have also Burg installed you will got this message to confirm the one you want to use Burg or Grub
- For Grub the settings
- For Burg:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .