GNOME 3.6 is getting serious with Initial System Setup
GNOME 3.4.1 released a few days ago, but its progress didn’t stop. The releasing cycle for 3.6 has already begun. To be honest, I don’t think that 3.4 release was quite exciting, apart maybe from GTK 3.4 that brought a lot of new features.
Some of the designing plans didn’t make on time for 3.4 and they are postponed for 3.6. That affected bad the Web App (old Epiphany) that I am sure, it could be the next big thing on GNOME’s world. Yes, Web could be our Web-browsing default App, in the next year.
However another thing that pull my attention was what they call “Initial System Setup”, and there are plans to be included on 3.6.
Initial System Setup is all about configuring your system, the very first time you login in. This includes a few essential steps.
- Get onto the network
- Creating a user account
- Set the correct timezone / location
- Set up online accounts
Without further ado, take a look on the pictures below.
“GNOME 3.6 is getting serious with Initial System Setup” is a bit excessive title, but is only the beginning. 3.6, will be great version in a lot of aspects, but the most important is that finally GNOME targets the wider market.
It is simple, clean, polished, stable, builded on open standards and state of the art technologies, making it easy for anyone to use it and treats web ecosystem as a first class citizen.
GNOME is moving forward to a complete Operating System, and even if they don’t named it as GNOME OS, isn’t it?
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .