GNOME 3.6 is getting serious with Initial System Setup
GNOME 3.4.1 released a few days ago, but its progress didn’t stop. The releasing cycle for 3.6 has already begun. To be honest, I don’t think that 3.4 release was quite exciting, apart maybe from GTK 3.4 that brought a lot of new features.
Some of the designing plans didn’t make on time for 3.4 and they are postponed for 3.6. That affected bad the Web App (old Epiphany) that I am sure, it could be the next big thing on GNOME’s world. Yes, Web could be our Web-browsing default App, in the next year.
However another thing that pull my attention was what they call “Initial System Setup”, and there are plans to be included on 3.6.
Initial System Setup is all about configuring your system, the very first time you login in. This includes a few essential steps.
- Get onto the network
- Creating a user account
- Set the correct timezone / location
- Set up online accounts
Without further ado, take a look on the pictures below.
“GNOME 3.6 is getting serious with Initial System Setup” is a bit excessive title, but is only the beginning. 3.6, will be great version in a lot of aspects, but the most important is that finally GNOME targets the wider market.
It is simple, clean, polished, stable, builded on open standards and state of the art technologies, making it easy for anyone to use it and treats web ecosystem as a first class citizen.
GNOME is moving forward to a complete Operating System, and even if they don’t named it as GNOME OS, isn’t it?
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .