Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Gimp 2.8 is out! | PPA Ubuntu
Gimp is one of the most important tools we Linux users have in our hands being a powerful application that covers the specialized needs of photo manipulators. It may not be perfect, or as good as other commercial applications, but it is getting better and better with every release and is already very powerful and useful. It is natural that the linux world directs its attention to it every time a new major release comes out and this time it is the “majorest” ever!
After 3.5 years of exciting work, the developers of Gimp announced today the release of the long awaited 2.8 version that brings many new things to be happy about.
The most notable of all is the Single window mode option that users can choose over the default multi window mode. This is something that many people have been asking for a long time and it is finally here making things more handy and efficient.
Except for this there have been a ton of changes, improvements and additions of new features and you can read all about them on the release notes. Among them you will find other long anticipated features like layer groups, on-canvas text editing and advanced brush dynamics.
Currently version 2.8 is only available for the GNU/Linux platform but builds for Windows and Mac will soon be available too. If you don’t want to wait for your distribution to make a package for Gimp 2.8 available, proceed and download the source by pressing this button.
If you want to install Gimp2.8 in Ubuntu and LinuxMint you can use the following PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gimp
For other Linux distros, download Gimp2.8 from this link:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .