Gimp 2.8 is out! | PPA Ubuntu
Gimp is one of the most important tools we Linux users have in our hands being a powerful application that covers the specialized needs of photo manipulators. It may not be perfect, or as good as other commercial applications, but it is getting better and better with every release and is already very powerful and useful. It is natural that the linux world directs its attention to it every time a new major release comes out and this time it is the “majorest” ever!
After 3.5 years of exciting work, the developers of Gimp announced today the release of the long awaited 2.8 version that brings many new things to be happy about.
The most notable of all is the Single window mode option that users can choose over the default multi window mode. This is something that many people have been asking for a long time and it is finally here making things more handy and efficient.
Except for this there have been a ton of changes, improvements and additions of new features and you can read all about them on the release notes. Among them you will find other long anticipated features like layer groups, on-canvas text editing and advanced brush dynamics.
Currently version 2.8 is only available for the GNU/Linux platform but builds for Windows and Mac will soon be available too. If you don’t want to wait for your distribution to make a package for Gimp 2.8 available, proceed and download the source by pressing this button.
If you want to install Gimp2.8 in Ubuntu and LinuxMint you can use the following PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gimp
For other Linux distros, download Gimp2.8 from this link:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .