GIMP 2.8.12 Released With Bug Fixes!
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is used to edit and manipulate images. It can load and save a variety of image formats and can be used to convert between formats.
GIMP 2.8.12 was released on 25 August, 2014, with a lot of bug fixes! This is a bugfix release in the stable 2.8 series, no new features were added.
Below is an overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.10 to GIMP 2.8.12
- OSX: Fix migration code for old GIMP directories
- Fix brush sizes when used from plug-ins
- Windows: Allow to Explorer-open files with UTF-8 characters in the filename
- Make XCF loading more robust against broken files
- Make sure the widget direction matches the GUI language
- Remove the option to disable the warning when closing a modified image
- Fix canvas overlay widgets (like the text options) for tablets
- Make DND work between images in one dockable
- Make gimp_image_get_name() return the string used for the image title
- Make script-fu-server more secure by listening to 127.0.0.1 by default and add a warning about changing that IP. This breaks the procedure’s API, but for security reasons.
- Bring back proper script-fu translations
- Massively clean up and fix the OSX build and bundle
- Add Jenkins tutorial
- Documentation updates
- Bug fixes
- Translation updates
Install in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Its Derivatives via PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp