Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings many changes, improvements and interesting additions. Java plugins are disabled by default for security reasons but the user can enable them via a click-to-play option when needed. Is there any new thing for linux? This release of firefox comes with support for H.264 on Linux but the appropriate gstreamer plug-ins should be installed so everything can work.
Are you a developer?
– Social API now supports Social Bookmarking for multiple providers through its SocialMarks functionality (see MDN docs)
– Math.ToFloat32 takes a JS value and converts it to a Float32, whenever possible
– There is no longer a prompt when websites use appcache
– Support for the CSS image orientation property
– New App Manager allows you to deploy and debug HTML5 webapps on Firefox OS phones and the Firefox OS Simulator
– IndexedDB can now be used as a “optimistic” storage area so it doesn’t require any prompts and data is stored in a pool with LRU eviction policy, in short temporary storage
Install Firefox 26 in Ubuntu Linux and its derivates with the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox