Fire up your creativity with the latest Dream Studio release!
Rock musician and software developer Dick MacInnis, announced a few days ago the availability of the new Dream Studio release which is based on Ubuntu 12.04.
Dream Studio is a GNU/Linux multimedia distribution, aiming to offer tools for graphic designers, photographers, music composers and video editors. The main reason to upgrade is that the latest release is based on an LTS version of Ubuntu, thus it is a lot more stable and for the specialized uses that such distributions have, stability is a serious matter. Another important reason to upgrade would be that all applications and tools are at their latest version.
Lets take a look at the available tools that Dream Studio offers out of the box.
- Cinelerra – Video Editor
- Ardour – Digital Audio Workstation
- Blender – 3D Graphics Application
- Inkscape – Vector Graphics Editor
- Scribus – Desktop Publishing Application
- Darktable – Photography Workflow Application
- Gimp – Image Manipulation Program
- Kompozer – Web Authoring System
- Bombono – DVD Authoring Application
- Brasero – DVD Burning Application
- Hydrogen – Drum Machine
- QSampler – Sampler Tool
- SooperLooper – Sampler Tool
- Bristol – Software Synthesizer
- ZynAddSubFX – Software Synthesizer
- JAMin – Audio Mastering Suite
- WinFF – Video Conversion Tool
- SoundConverter – Sound Conversion Tool
Besides all that, there are of course more application that cover the daily desktop need like Firefox, LibreOffice, Thunderbird and Tomboy. The only thing I have to notice before suggesting the download of this great distribution is that some users reported that while the system works perfectly in live mode, it doesn’t work at all after the installation. Dick McInnis is already working on that, and I suppose there will be a bugfix minor version available soon.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .