FFmpeg 2.2.1 Has Been Released!
FFmpeg 2.2.1 has been released on 2014-04-10 and it includes many changes, fixes, updates and improvements. This FFmpeg version includes all changes from ffmpeg-mt, libav master of 2014-03-01, libav 10 as of 2014-04-10.
It includes the following library versions:
- libavutil 52. 66.100
- libavcodec 55. 52.102
- libavformat 55. 33.100
- libavdevice 55. 10.100
- libavfilter 4. 2.100
- libswscale 2. 5.102
- libswresample 0. 18.100
- libpostproc 52. 3.100
A new major release (2.2) of FFmpeg was released on March 24 of this year by the developers. The release came with many new features WebP encoding via libwebp, HNM version 4 demuxer and video decoder, Live HDS muxer, libx265 encoder and DNx444 support.
You can read the new stuff that has been added on FFmpeg 2.2 in the below list.
- elbg filter
- string validation in ffprobe
- support for decoding through VDPAU in ffmpeg (the -hwaccel option)
- complete Voxware MetaSound decoder
- remove mp3_header_compress bitstream filter
- Windows resource files for shared libraries
- aeval filter
- stereoscopic 3d metadata handling
- WebP encoding via libwebp
- ATRAC3+ decoder
- VP8 in Ogg demuxing
- side & metadata support in NUT
- framepack filter
- XYZ12 rawvideo support in NUT
- Exif metadata support in WebP decoder
- OpenGL device
- Use metadata_header_padding to control padding in ID3 tags (currently used in
- MP3, AIFF, and OMA files), FLAC header, and the AVI “junk” block.
- Mirillis FIC video decoder
- Support DNx444
- libx265 encoder
- dejudder filter
- Autodetect VDA like all other hardware accelerations
FFmpeg is a leading multimedia framework for recording, decoding, encoding, playing and streaming any media file created by humans and machines of this planet. It provides the following tools:
- ffmpeg is a command line tool to convert multimedia files between formats.
- ffserver is a multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts.
- ffplay is a simple media player based on SDL and the FFmpeg libraries.
- ffprobe is a is a simple multimedia stream analyzer.
Visit the official blog here.