How To Enable Minimize and Move Windows Buttons in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
As the title of the post says, am going to show you how to do the three items listed below in Elementary OS ‘Luna’:
1. Enable Minimize Button
2. Move Windows Button to Left OR Right
3. Reset all to default (no Minimize Button, Close Button Left and Maximize Button Right)
By default the Windows buttons in Elementary OS ‘Luna’ are placed Maximize to far right and Close to the far left. There is no Minimize; it’s job is completed from the Dock.
We need to install Dconf-tools in order to tweak the system.
Open terminal and Run:
$ sudo apt-get insatll dconf-tools
Open Dconf-tools from Applications menu by typing Dconf-tools in the search box. (As shown below)
In the Configuration Editor, navigate to appearance from the sidebar as shown below:
org → pantheon → desktop → gala → appearance
Click on the parameters beside button-layout, and change to:
NB: the Colons (:) are very important.
1. :minimize,maximize,close to add minimize and move all buttons right, as shown:
2. close,maximize,minimize: to add minimize and move all buttons left, shown below.
To reset all to default Click the Reset to Default button at the right bottom corner of the Configuration Editor window.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .