Claws Mail: An Email Client And News Reader
Claws Mail is a lightweight and fast e-mail client and newsreader, based on GTK+. It supports POP3, APOP, IMAP, SMTP, SMTP AUTH, NNTP, LDAP, multiple accounts, spell-checking, addressbook, SSL, GPG, filtering, i18n, and more.
Claws Mail provides the following features:
- Multiple accounts
- Threaded display
- Mime attachments
- Usenet news reading and posting
- SSL over POP3, SMTP, IMAP4rev1 and NNTP protocols
- GnuPG support (with GPGME)
- User-defined headers
- Colour labels
- Multiple MH folder support
- Mbox import/export
- External editor
- Message queueing and drafting
- Automated mail checking
- Clickable URIs
It supports the following useful plugins:
- Dillo HTML Viewer
For complete list of features and plugins, visit here.
Install Claws mail On Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Add the Claws Mail PPA with command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:claws-mail/ppa
Update the packages list:
$ sudo apt-get updte
Install Claws Mail using the following command:
$ sudo apt-get install claws-mail
For other distributions download the latest version from here and install it.
Launch Claws Mail
Open it up either from your Dash or menu. The first time you will asked to setup your mail accounts. Click Forward to setup mail accounts.
For more details about usage of Claws Mail, visit the official help page here.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .