Claws Mail: An Email Client And News Reader
Claws Mail is a lightweight and fast e-mail client and newsreader, based on GTK+. It supports POP3, APOP, IMAP, SMTP, SMTP AUTH, NNTP, LDAP, multiple accounts, spell-checking, addressbook, SSL, GPG, filtering, i18n, and more.
Claws Mail provides the following features:
- Multiple accounts
- Threaded display
- Mime attachments
- Usenet news reading and posting
- SSL over POP3, SMTP, IMAP4rev1 and NNTP protocols
- GnuPG support (with GPGME)
- User-defined headers
- Colour labels
- Multiple MH folder support
- Mbox import/export
- External editor
- Message queueing and drafting
- Automated mail checking
- Clickable URIs
It supports the following useful plugins:
- Dillo HTML Viewer
For complete list of features and plugins, visit here.
Install Claws mail On Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Add the Claws Mail PPA with command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:claws-mail/ppa
Update the packages list:
$ sudo apt-get updte
Install Claws Mail using the following command:
$ sudo apt-get install claws-mail
For other distributions download the latest version from here and install it.
Launch Claws Mail
Open it up either from your Dash or menu. The first time you will asked to setup your mail accounts. Click Forward to setup mail accounts.
For more details about usage of Claws Mail, visit the official help page here.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .