Cinnamon and Nemo File Manager in Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
Cinnamon is a desktop environment developed by Linux Mint Team and it is based on GNOME 3. The desktop environment objective is to offer a comfortable and a modern experience to users by combining GNOME Shell and GNOME 2 features and functionality.
In Cinnamon Desktop Environment, you are able to add new features through dedicated applets and extensions. Isn’t that awesome? There is also a fallback version called Cinnamon 2D which does not have graphic effects so you can install it anyway, even if your machine is old or outdated. These good guys are thinking for you, right? So if you have an old PC you can install Cinnamon 2D desktop environment and I guarantee it will work like a charm.
How do you install it?
To install Cinnamon in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10 with Nemo File Manager, just search for it and install it from Ubuntu Software Center, or just start use the terminal and type:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cinnamon $ sudo apt-get install nemo
So easy, even my Grandma could do it!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .