Alien Arena: Combat Edition v7.66 Is Available Now
Alien Arena is a is a free first-person shooter computer game similar to the Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament series. You can play Alien Arena online with other players or if you don’t feel skilled enough you can choose single-player matches and play against bots. The game’s content is proprietary, but its engine is open source (CRX engine). An internal server browser helps you to find other players online and there is also an IRC client for chat between players. Alien Arena is available Microsoft Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and OS X.
Alien Arena 2013 version 7.66 has been released. What are some of the new features in this release of the freeware deathmatch shooter game?Alien Arena v7.66 comes with stunning visual effects that are usually reserved for commercial titles. Maps, sounds and music are improved in this release of Alien Arena. It is very different from the last year model. There are seven new maps an two new player characters.
Full List Of Features
- GLSL per-pixel lighting on meshes(now all surfaces).
- OpenAL 1.1
- Ogg-Vorbis support.
- GLSL post process framebuffer effects.
- New scoreboards.
- New HUD.
- Stereo music files.
- Seven new maps.
- Two new player characters.
- Voice taunt system.
- Doppler sound effects.
Download And Install
Now it is time to learn how to install this game.
To compile Alien Arena in Debian based systems (Ubuntu, LinuxMint…) follow these steps:
1- First you need to compile the game
sudo apt-get build-dep alien-arena
2- Install extra dependencies that maybe was not installed using the command above
sudo apt-get install libode-dev
3- Now compile and install the game
./configure make sudo make install
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .