How to update and add repository in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty and 11.10 oneiric ocelot behind a proxy | FAQs
Question: How to install , update packages and add PPA repository behind a proxy Server in Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04 Natty and 11.10 oneiric ocelot?
Open terminal and add the following lines to /etc/apt/apt.conf.
And add these 2 line :
save and exit. Now apt-get update and should work behind a proxy, but you will notice that still something is not working, is the add-apt-repositoy command.
To be able to add repository behind a proxy, type the following commands:
# export https_proxy="http://192.168.1.5:8080"
# sed -i 's/"keyserver.ubuntu.com"/"hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80"/' /usr/share/pyshared/softwareproperties/ppa.py
Now you can add repositories in Lucid and Natty using LANG=C add-apt-repository
root@ubuntu:~# LANG=C add-apt-repository ppa:motumedia/mplayer-daily
This method was tested under Ubuntu 11.04 and 10.10 and is working fine:)
Please feel free to ask any question by posting in the Forum.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .