Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to update and add repository in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty and 11.10 oneiric ocelot behind a proxy | FAQs
Question: How to install , update packages and add PPA repository behind a proxy Server in Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04 Natty and 11.10 oneiric ocelot?
Open terminal and add the following lines to /etc/apt/apt.conf.
And add these 2 line :
save and exit. Now apt-get update and should work behind a proxy, but you will notice that still something is not working, is the add-apt-repositoy command.
To be able to add repository behind a proxy, type the following commands:
# export https_proxy="http://192.168.1.5:8080"
# sed -i 's/"keyserver.ubuntu.com"/"hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80"/' /usr/share/pyshared/softwareproperties/ppa.py
Now you can add repositories in Lucid and Natty using LANG=C add-apt-repository
root@ubuntu:~# LANG=C add-apt-repository ppa:motumedia/mplayer-daily
This method was tested under Ubuntu 11.04 and 10.10 and is working fine:)
Please feel free to ask any question by posting in the Forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .