Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
4 Popular opensource Project Management applications
Opensource Project Management Apps are the key to success in many an organization and in personal life for task management too. Open source provides the right platform for development of project management apps that are highly adaptable, flexible and ensure the project renders all deliverables. Introduced here are some of the popular open sources Apps for Project Management.
The most delightful fact of opensource apps is that you could work directly on the codes and customize projects perfectly for your business environment. dotProject is one such project management app that ensures you achieve maximum success on every project as enriched features of flexibility, adaptability can be retained even as you tweak the freely available source code to your ecosystem. That the technology is sophisticated and cutting edge is indisputable because of the immense volunteers group, which is skilled and extremely talented.
What you get with dotProject is the satisfaction of tailoring your project management solutions on your time, on your strengths but with well developed and structured technology that ensures you achieve the end deliverables of every project.
Achievo is what every true open source project management software needs to be. It is web-based, has critical essentials such as powerful tracking tools meant for small to medium companies, and is available in 20 languages.
What make Achievo a top-rated popular open source project are power features that helps businesses to track the drivers of a project – resources, clients, planning, daily scheduling. Robust features such as time registration and report generation, integrated customer relationship management, human resource management and most importantly scheduling ensure complete project control.
The reason for using such an app would be its complete adaptable features due to the central database interfacing on multiple modules ensuring optimized combination of all intranet applications. This helps applications retain their network environment. As the solutions are server-end, the system can be independently integrated into existing infrastructure.
If you are looking for project management solutions that have high platform migration features then this project is what you need to explore. It comes with powerful features and runs easily on Windows, MacOSX to Linux. It is superb as a project scheduler and essentially helps in overcoming critical situations of project management.
Some of the discerning features include Gantt chart, PERT chart, Interoperating facilities for importing into Microsoft Project as well as spreadsheets along with CSV. WebDAV is another platform for collaborative project development.
Is Python-based high-function multi-purpose program that is flexible, automated, simulating tool. For those of you familiar and keen on Python features will find working on the ‘Swiss Army knife’ of Project Management a very useful tool to explore. Ideal for quick, effective code tweaking to customize project management, Faces ensures you save on time, costs and the required resources to manage the project.
Opensource is the best alternative for mission-critical management of projects for small to big enterprises. Opensource gives project managers flexibility, latest technology and cost-effective resource management for successful completion of Projects.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .