4 Popular opensource Project Management applications
Opensource Project Management Apps are the key to success in many an organization and in personal life for task management too. Open source provides the right platform for development of project management apps that are highly adaptable, flexible and ensure the project renders all deliverables. Introduced here are some of the popular open sources Apps for Project Management.
The most delightful fact of opensource apps is that you could work directly on the codes and customize projects perfectly for your business environment. dotProject is one such project management app that ensures you achieve maximum success on every project as enriched features of flexibility, adaptability can be retained even as you tweak the freely available source code to your ecosystem. That the technology is sophisticated and cutting edge is indisputable because of the immense volunteers group, which is skilled and extremely talented.
What you get with dotProject is the satisfaction of tailoring your project management solutions on your time, on your strengths but with well developed and structured technology that ensures you achieve the end deliverables of every project.
Achievo is what every true open source project management software needs to be. It is web-based, has critical essentials such as powerful tracking tools meant for small to medium companies, and is available in 20 languages.
What make Achievo a top-rated popular open source project are power features that helps businesses to track the drivers of a project – resources, clients, planning, daily scheduling. Robust features such as time registration and report generation, integrated customer relationship management, human resource management and most importantly scheduling ensure complete project control.
The reason for using such an app would be its complete adaptable features due to the central database interfacing on multiple modules ensuring optimized combination of all intranet applications. This helps applications retain their network environment. As the solutions are server-end, the system can be independently integrated into existing infrastructure.
If you are looking for project management solutions that have high platform migration features then this project is what you need to explore. It comes with powerful features and runs easily on Windows, MacOSX to Linux. It is superb as a project scheduler and essentially helps in overcoming critical situations of project management.
Some of the discerning features include Gantt chart, PERT chart, Interoperating facilities for importing into Microsoft Project as well as spreadsheets along with CSV. WebDAV is another platform for collaborative project development.
Is Python-based high-function multi-purpose program that is flexible, automated, simulating tool. For those of you familiar and keen on Python features will find working on the ‘Swiss Army knife’ of Project Management a very useful tool to explore. Ideal for quick, effective code tweaking to customize project management, Faces ensures you save on time, costs and the required resources to manage the project.
Opensource is the best alternative for mission-critical management of projects for small to big enterprises. Opensource gives project managers flexibility, latest technology and cost-effective resource management for successful completion of Projects.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .