Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
A relook at Sunflower file manager
Sunflower File Manager, the dream file manager that integrates into GNOME framework has now reached Alpha phase. Every since thedream twin-panel file manager began two years ago, the development team has made rapid progress with bugs and request made for each release being worked upon steadily and now officially features have been frozen (March 8). Additionally, the team head has announced that first stable version will be 0.2 following the long development cycle of 2years for version 0.1.
Sunflower 01a.40 is the latest version of this new file manager. In development stage yet, users have found bugs that need some working on. There are weekly releases now and need support on reporting bugs or feature requests by devs. It needs search, text reader, directory synchronization, editor and others like translations. The Russian translation needs to be worked upon and requires updates as well as some flow fixes.
Some of these bugs have been plugged- Application selection dialog failed to open is now fixed. Merge dialog showed reference problem and has been fixed; Accelerators for Shift + Tab are now fixed; an additional (duplicate) tab is provided if you middle click on the tab title bar. Racing condition occurring when a thread was being used to load directory condition is now fixed; another bug when terminal font setting from gconf was fixed. Now, the order in which data can be saved on tabs received a change.
Tarballs are available for Download
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint via PPA
Open terminal and enter the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/sunflower sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sunflower
While, there are other file managers for GNOME desktop such as Nautilus, there is subtle inadequacy that new file managers such as Sunflower fm will allow. Sunflower fm could well be the start of a new series where file managers work seamless with native GNOME desktop and yet be easy to use and offer a powerful and satisfying performance.
Why it will prove to be popular is its new desktop layout that allows two column-views with a tab-feature. Features such as Gvfs if on remote file systems can also be brought into normal directories. As the new series develops with additional packages under development at a furious phase, Sunflower fm is being tried by users who want greater flexibility, performance scalability and ease of use that will not prove to be out of synch with the GNOME environment.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .