Blender 2.62 has been released! PPA Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Blender 2.62 has been released, this release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fix. In Blender 2.62, the Cycles render engine now has layers/passes, you can track objects inside videos now, have much better and faster boolean intersections and Many new UV editing tools were added.
What` s new in Blender2.62?
- Cycles Render Engine: A number of new features were added, including render layers and passes, multi GPU rendering and selection of GPU device.
- Motion Tracking: Object tracking support has been added, so that not only camera animation can be reconstructed from footage, but also the animation or transformation of objects in the scene.
- UV Tools: Many new UV editing tools were added: an advanced interactive stitch tool, to align and join together UV islands.
- “Carve” Booleans: The boolean modifier now uses the Carve library, which should give much improved results.
- Game Engine: The game engine user interface was polished, editing text objects in the user interface and through the python API has been made easier, full screen and antialiased rendering has been improved, along with various other changes.
- Collada: A Second Life compatibility option was added for exporting armatures, along with a number of other fixes related to transformations and armatures.
- Python API: Matrices and vectors math classes were improved in various ways.
More feature in Blende 2.62 can be found in this link.
Installation of Blender in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Use the following PPA for ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender
For other linux distro, you can download Blender 2.62 from thhis Link: