Blender 2.62 has been released! PPA Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Blender 2.62 has been released, this release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fix. In Blender 2.62, the Cycles render engine now has layers/passes, you can track objects inside videos now, have much better and faster boolean intersections and Many new UV editing tools were added.
What` s new in Blender2.62?
- Cycles Render Engine: A number of new features were added, including render layers and passes, multi GPU rendering and selection of GPU device.
- Motion Tracking: Object tracking support has been added, so that not only camera animation can be reconstructed from footage, but also the animation or transformation of objects in the scene.
- UV Tools: Many new UV editing tools were added: an advanced interactive stitch tool, to align and join together UV islands.
- “Carve” Booleans: The boolean modifier now uses the Carve library, which should give much improved results.
- Game Engine: The game engine user interface was polished, editing text objects in the user interface and through the python API has been made easier, full screen and antialiased rendering has been improved, along with various other changes.
- Collada: A Second Life compatibility option was added for exporting armatures, along with a number of other fixes related to transformations and armatures.
- Python API: Matrices and vectors math classes were improved in various ways.
More feature in Blende 2.62 can be found in this link.
Installation of Blender in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Use the following PPA for ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender
For other linux distro, you can download Blender 2.62 from thhis Link:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .