Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Blender 2.62 has been released! PPA Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Blender 2.62 has been released, this release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fix. In Blender 2.62, the Cycles render engine now has layers/passes, you can track objects inside videos now, have much better and faster boolean intersections and Many new UV editing tools were added.
What` s new in Blender2.62?
- Cycles Render Engine: A number of new features were added, including render layers and passes, multi GPU rendering and selection of GPU device.
- Motion Tracking: Object tracking support has been added, so that not only camera animation can be reconstructed from footage, but also the animation or transformation of objects in the scene.
- UV Tools: Many new UV editing tools were added: an advanced interactive stitch tool, to align and join together UV islands.
- “Carve” Booleans: The boolean modifier now uses the Carve library, which should give much improved results.
- Game Engine: The game engine user interface was polished, editing text objects in the user interface and through the python API has been made easier, full screen and antialiased rendering has been improved, along with various other changes.
- Collada: A Second Life compatibility option was added for exporting armatures, along with a number of other fixes related to transformations and armatures.
- Python API: Matrices and vectors math classes were improved in various ways.
More feature in Blende 2.62 can be found in this link.
Installation of Blender in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Use the following PPA for ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender
For other linux distro, you can download Blender 2.62 from thhis Link:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .