Blender 2.62 has been released! PPA Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Blender 2.62 has been released, this release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fix. In Blender 2.62, the Cycles render engine now has layers/passes, you can track objects inside videos now, have much better and faster boolean intersections and Many new UV editing tools were added.
What` s new in Blender2.62?
- Cycles Render Engine: A number of new features were added, including render layers and passes, multi GPU rendering and selection of GPU device.
- Motion Tracking: Object tracking support has been added, so that not only camera animation can be reconstructed from footage, but also the animation or transformation of objects in the scene.
- UV Tools: Many new UV editing tools were added: an advanced interactive stitch tool, to align and join together UV islands.
- “Carve” Booleans: The boolean modifier now uses the Carve library, which should give much improved results.
- Game Engine: The game engine user interface was polished, editing text objects in the user interface and through the python API has been made easier, full screen and antialiased rendering has been improved, along with various other changes.
- Collada: A Second Life compatibility option was added for exporting armatures, along with a number of other fixes related to transformations and armatures.
- Python API: Matrices and vectors math classes were improved in various ways.
More feature in Blende 2.62 can be found in this link.
Installation of Blender in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Use the following PPA for ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender
For other linux distro, you can download Blender 2.62 from thhis Link:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .