Shotwell is a digital photo organizer designed for the GNOME desktop environment developed by Yorba. It allows you to import photos from disk or camera, organize them in various ways, view them in full-window or fullscreen mode, and export them to share with others.
– Copy and paste color adjustments between photos
– Highlights detail adjustment
– YouTube plugin now uses OAuth / OpenID
– Videos in Missing Files now re-import properly
– Improvements when thumbnailing videos
– Numerous bug fixes
Installing Shotwell 0.15 in Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04
Open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt +T) and Run the commands below:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install shotwell
You can also download the Tarball, then build and install from source.
For other Distros visit Shotwell install
View of Shotwell 0.15 with an image:
You can also publish pictures directly to Facebook, Flick, Picasa and Piwigo from Shotwell.