PlayOnLinux 4.0 is available ! 64-bit versions of wine are actually supported
PlayOnLinux 4.0 has been released! This new release comes with some new features and fixed many bugs.
Here are the main features of this release :
– The programs configuring tool is much more efficient, and with more settings
– The installation manual has been very simplified
– The IRC chat is back, less troublesome for those who don’t want to use it
– Performance of debugging tools have been ameliored
– PlayOnLinux can open directly Executables
– 64-bit versions of wine are actually supported
– The code is much cleaner
“PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem”.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint you can install Playonlinux by entring the following commands:
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_natty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
- For Fedora
-For other Linux distribution please visit the download page and choose you distro.