K3b (from KDE Burn Baby Burn is a CD and DVD authoring application for the KDE desktop environment for Unix-like computer operating systems. It provides a graphical user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD/DVD, as well as more advanced tasks such as burning eMoviX CD/DVDs. It can also perform direct disc-to-disc copies. The program has many default settings which can be customized by more experienced users. The actual disc recording in K3b is done by the command line utilities cdrecord or cdrkit, cdrdao, and growisofs. As of version 1.0, K3b features a built-in DVD ripper.
As is the case with most KDE applications, K3b is written in the C++ programming language and uses the Qt GUI toolkit. Released under the GNU General Public License, K3b is free software.
A first alpha of a KDE Software Compilation 4 version of K3b was released on 22 April 2009, the second on 27 May 2009 and a third on 14 October 2009.
K3b is a software project that was started in 1998, and is one of the mainstays of the KDE desktop.
- Added K3B_ENABLE_HAL_SUPPORT option to the build configuration. It allows to disable any direct calls to HAL
- Using Oxygen sounds for events
- Crash on start when checking device capabilities
- Search paths on “Programs” options are not saved
- Crash on generation of DVD previews in DVD ripping list
- Crash on closing dialog after succesful audio CD ripping
- Crash on device detection
- Crash when showing settings window
- Fixed playlist sort order
- Show K3b also in “System” category in KDE launch menus
- Crash when multiple instances start at the same time
- Crash after track splitting
- Inline editing of tracks in CD ripping view no longer works
Download for Debian/Ubuntu :
apt-get update; apt-get install k3b
yum update, yum install k3b