GIMP 2.7.4 has been released, according to the announcement, this developement release is potentially the last testing version of GIMP before the upcoming 2.8 release.
What `s new in GIMP 2.7.4?
– Add a close button to image tabs in single-window mode
– Improve the transform tools’ undo strings to be more descriptive
– Render the layer’s “eye” icon in inconsistent state if the layer is
visible, but one of its parents isn’t
– Add proper stacking for canvas items, so things don’t hide each other
– Make sure single-window-mode and multi-window-mode are always saved
consistently in sessionrc
– Add a basic paint dynamics PDB interface
– Make writing color space information to BMP files optional
– PSD loader now reads and imports working paths
Find more info about this release in this link.
Installation of Gimp 2.7.4 on Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands: