Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Zpanel- A good opensource alternative to Cpanel
For every paid software, always you can find an opensource alternative, sometimes the alternative is better and complete like (Gimp vs Photoshop) sometimes not. Today we will see a good alternative to Cpanel, the well known paid hosting / server panel, it is zpanel.
ZPanel is a free to download and use Web hosting control panel written to work effortlessly with Microsoft Windows and POSIX (Linux, UNIX and MacOSX) based servers or computers. This solution can turn a home or professional server into a fully fledged, easy to use and manage web hosting server.
Zpanel is easy to install and to configure. In this tutorial i installed Zpanel in CentOS 6.3.
1- Before to start we need to install some requered dependencies:
yum install ld-linux.so.2 curl
2- Download the installation script from the Zpnel website (Last stable release 10.0.0.2)
3- Now extract the script and run
4- Make the script executable
chmod +x i
5- Run the script:
- Accept the Licence
- Set up the time zone
To contine please agree to the GPL license (y/n/q)? y Find your timezone from : http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php e.g Europe/London Enter Your Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam
- Insert the Install version and the Domainname , Ip address and the password you want to make for your root Mysql access and GO!!!
Install fresh ZPanel server or enter an upgrade version number e.g 10-0-1 :install Enter the FQDN of the server (example: zpanel.yourdomain.com): zpanel.unixmen.com Enter the Public (external) IP of the server: 184.108.40.206 MySQL Password is currently blank, please change it now. Password you will use for MySQL: ****** Re-enter the password you will use for MySQL: ****** ZPanel will now install, are you sure (y/n/q)?
6- Installation Complted and Zadmin password had been generated.
The Server will restart automatically.
Please connect to http://IP and login with zadmin user and the password generated
and is done.
If you have any questions please post them in :http://ask.unixmen.com thanks.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .