Zpanel- A good opensource alternative to Cpanel
For every paid software, always you can find an opensource alternative, sometimes the alternative is better and complete like (Gimp vs Photoshop) sometimes not. Today we will see a good alternative to Cpanel, the well known paid hosting / server panel, it is zpanel.
ZPanel is a free to download and use Web hosting control panel written to work effortlessly with Microsoft Windows and POSIX (Linux, UNIX and MacOSX) based servers or computers. This solution can turn a home or professional server into a fully fledged, easy to use and manage web hosting server.
Zpanel is easy to install and to configure. In this tutorial i installed Zpanel in CentOS 6.3.
1- Before to start we need to install some requered dependencies:
yum install ld-linux.so.2 curl
2- Download the installation script from the Zpnel website (Last stable release 10.0.0.2)
3- Now extract the script and run
4- Make the script executable
chmod +x i
5- Run the script:
- Accept the Licence
- Set up the time zone
To contine please agree to the GPL license (y/n/q)? y Find your timezone from : http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php e.g Europe/London Enter Your Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam
- Insert the Install version and the Domainname , Ip address and the password you want to make for your root Mysql access and GO!!!
Install fresh ZPanel server or enter an upgrade version number e.g 10-0-1 :install Enter the FQDN of the server (example: zpanel.yourdomain.com): zpanel.unixmen.com Enter the Public (external) IP of the server: 220.127.116.11 MySQL Password is currently blank, please change it now. Password you will use for MySQL: ****** Re-enter the password you will use for MySQL: ****** ZPanel will now install, are you sure (y/n/q)?
6- Installation Complted and Zadmin password had been generated.
The Server will restart automatically.
Please connect to http://IP and login with zadmin user and the password generated
and is done.
If you have any questions please post them in :http://ask.unixmen.com thanks.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .